Watch and Enjoy!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Day 9 - Dandelion Day

One thing that I love about Raw eating is the clean up. Other than when I use Coconut or Olive oil, A quick rinse of the bowl or blender, and it's clean!

I bought a huge bunch of Dandelion greens the other day and I am working on using everything I buy and not letting it go bad and slip away on me. I have come up with a great solution for me. I take my greens i.e. Parsley, Cilantro, Spinach, Dandelion, and I wash em real good (with an organic veggie wash), then I Blend them up with Fresh Water and pour them into ice cube trays. I put them in the bag and label what green it is and the date and Hey Presto! It is great for making consistent size smoothies and ingredient control and I don't let it go bad! The other side benefit is that it makes a really nice cold drink on hot days.

Today's Smoothie is really yummy:
2. 5 Liters Worth

2 Big hand fulls of spinach
12 Cubes Frozen Dandelion puree
Pure Water to fill the blender
(I blend this up first and get it nice and green)

1/2 Pineapple
1 Kiwi
1 Mango
1 Banana
I pour some of the green juice above to blend

I added 1/2 Cup of soaked Goji Berries with soak water

I blend in 2 batches and mix them in my big pitcher
I have 2- 1 .5 liter carafes the stay in the fridge waiting for me :)


I have been reading and taking the advice of other Raw Foodists and I have been rinsing or brushing my teeth after my smoothies. Always a good Idea. I also carry some floss with me :)

Still working on water intake

No comments: