Watch and Enjoy!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Gentleness of Flavor


As I step back from eating the things I shouldn't and head back to Natural Raw eating, I am once again struck by how the taste of my food changes. I eat less, I chew more and the delicate flavors once again fill a different place in my eating experience. I am still so amazed at how we so easily numb ourselves and our taste buds with food. It is so much over kill that even though we taste, we miss so much and the more complicated the food combinations the worse it is. I was eating a salad made with mixed baby greens and it had fresh dill and cilantro in it and it was so amazing to chew it and allow my body to absorb the wonderful smell and taste. In the past I have poured dressings over my salads and it was a habit to drown them. Now, I put as little on them as possible and trying to keep things as simple as I possibly can. As I cut and prepare my food I also try to take time to smell what I am cutting and really check the colors and enjoy the entire process. I am going to try to take my time and make my preparation of my food as enjoyable as eating it!

No comments: