Watch and Enjoy!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Swimming a Mile

OH OH OH! What an amazing thing. I have been loving my daily swim. I have been very surprised at the changing my body has been doing. I have never been a great one for exercise but now I'm hooked, addicted! All last week my daily progression of adding laps surprised me. By Thursday, I could have done the 36 laps (72 lengths) to finish the mile but I ran out of time. So Friday I got up and determined that I would swim faster and start a little earlier. I didn't even do any warm up laps I went straight to it. SO! One hour and 1 minute later, I had done what I never thought I could do. I felt utterly fantastic. I smiled and shed a few tears in my goggles. The best part? getting out of the pool not even winded or breathing hard.. Never thought I could do it and yet lap by lap they ticked off and I did my last lap at full bore.
This could have only been possible with eating the way I do. I had been consuming almost only green smoothies that week so the energy levels were up there and fueled my swim.
I can't wait to get back in the pool tomorrow and try again. This weekend has been kind of rough with detox but not unexpected. I have upped my water intake and rested and taken herbs to assist in cleansing. I have the cold symptoms for a while then bang feel great then back again to the chills and such. I embrace them all because I know why it is happening and that I will be better for it.
I see better things ahead for me with exercise. I see longer swims and picture myself hiking to places I would not have gone before.
LOVE the body changes too..

No comments: