Watch and Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

O.K. Now THAT was awesome!

Yesterday, when I cleaned out my Bus and ended another years driving, I pondered my goals for my Summer Swimming. As I have posted, my goal was to be able to swim 3 miles in one day before School started up again. I was at the Y by 5 as usual and it felt kind of strange to not have to stop to get to work so, I did my mile as I have been doing and I felt really good so I kept swimming and before I knew it, I had done 52 laps! That is a mile and a half! So.. Yeah 1/2 way to my end goal of the Summer! Well, That made me feel fantastic so I left feeling quite good.. I got home did a few things, read my favorite Raw sites, ate a huge salad and took a nice easy nap. I woke up feeling great and as I was doing a few things and I looked at the clock.. Hmmm yes there is time to get back to swim again.. Something clicked inside and that gave me the needed momentum I needed. I got in the car and went back to the Y, set myself up with all my swimming gear and got a lane right away. I started just planning to do my mile to get as close as I could to the morning. I finished my mile.. looked at the end of the pool and determined to do what I thought I could not do. As I finished the final lap, I was just bursting with joy. I! ME! I swam 3 miles in one day! 108 laps! How did I do that?? And the best part? I did it on my very FIRST day of Summer Break :)
I know from the bottom of my soul that I could not have done that eating a Standard American Diet. When I was heading back for the second round of swimming I ate 3 bananas on the way and when I came out I sat in my car, opened up the 1/4 watermelon that I brought with me and I stuffed my face full of perfect goodness. I ate it like a pig.. yes I did! hahha I pondered how amazing it felt to eat to feed my body all the right things it needs to do and continue to do what matters to me. A true hunger.. Feeling every bite and every drop of liquid giving life to me. Raw is Right.. Oh yes friends! It is right :)

No comments: